The appendices serve as a valuable resource, providing additional information and tools to assist potential buyers in their journey to investing in Greek property. This section includes a list of useful resources and a glossary of real estate and investment terms specific to Greece.
Appendix A: Useful Resources for Potential Buyers
- Real Estate Websites: List of popular websites where potential buyers can browse property listings across Greece. Include both English and Greek language sites.
- Real Estate Agencies: Directory of reputable real estate agencies that specialize in helping foreign investors, including those from the Greek diaspora, in buying property in Greece.
- Legal Advisors: Contacts for legal firms or independent lawyers with expertise in Greek property law, especially those who offer services in multiple languages.
- Financial Services: Information on banks and financial institutions that offer mortgages or financial services to international buyers in Greece.
- Government and Regulatory Bodies: Contact details and websites for relevant government departments, such as the Land Registry Office, that play a role in property transactions in Greece.
- Expat and Diaspora Communities: Links to forums and community groups for Hellenes living abroad and expatriates in Greece, which can be excellent sources of advice and support.
- Language Services: List of translation services or bilingual professionals who can assist in overcoming language barriers during the property buying process.
- Cultural Guides and Resources: Recommendations for books, websites, and guides that offer insights into the Greek way of life, culture, and business etiquette.
- Antiparochi: A property exchange agreement common in Greece, where land or an old house is exchanged for apartments in a new building.
- Golden Visa: A residency-by-investment program offered by Greece to non-EU citizens who make significant real estate investments.
- Ktimatologio (Land Registry): The official public registry of real estate properties in Greece.
- Notary Public (Symvolaiografos): A legal professional in Greece who authenticates property transactions.
- E9 Form: A tax form in Greece that details property ownership and is required for tax purposes.
- Enfia: The annual property tax in Greece.
- Transfer Tax: A tax paid on the transfer of property.
- Asfalistiki Timi (Insured Value): The minimum value for which a property must be insured in Greece, often used for tax assessment.